Here is a description of the homework set this week to be handed in on Wednesday.
- Cut out 2 rectangles that are the same size
- Draw a 3rd rectangle that is the same size but cut it diagonally in half from one corner to another
- Using the 4 cut out shapes (2 rectangles and 2 triangles) how many different shape arrangements can you make?
On a separate piece of paper please sketch each arrangement you made carefully or draw around the shape you made.
There are only 2 rules you have to follow:
- Each shape you make can only have long sides against other long sides and short sides against other short sides (eg. You can’t have the shortest side of a triangle attached to the long side of a rectangle)
- Rotated shapes will not count as another arrangement
How many shapes can you make?